Wednesday 1 April 2009

Robot Problems!

I have an old mindstorms kit (pre-usb days) which I recently acquired off a friend. This is to allow me to play around with robotics in my spare time. Now being an AI graduate and a developer, I don't really want to be using the mindstorms software so I put LeJos (Java for lego) on it before. Once the battery dies, you have to re-install the firmware. Only it's not working. At first I was having problems with the RCXTTY variable not being set, although I've solved that.

The current problem I am encountering is that it tries to install the firmware and then I get the following error:

C:\Lejos\bin>firmdl.bat
read firmware srec
100%
Installing firmware
Loading native libs
Tower error: write failure

I have spent a good part of the night trying to sort this out and only half watching the England game. I've googled for help and I'm at a loss. I have read and followed the the instructions and I'm sure they are correct.

The only other thing I can think of is that the battery might not be at the capacity required to install this. I'll try a battery replacement and if that doesn't work just throw it out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog