Friday 1 January 2010

Tribot

I spent 5 hours yesterday building the tribot (picture below). It was pretty fiddly to do, there are 2 wheels at the front and 1 small one at the back. As well as that this robot has 3 sensors on it too. The touch sensor, which has a mechanism build around it and a colour sensor on top both of which can be used for object detection. I have also put a sonar sensor on top (looks a bit Johnny 5ish ;-)).

It looks pretty cool, but I'm not entirely convinced about the stability of this bot. I liked the robustness of the old 4 wheel chassis I made (but that was very basic and lacking functionality other than movement) however I haven't programmed the robot as of yet nor tested it so we shall see (I will keep you posted).



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog