Sunday 6 February 2011

Paths and Complexities

I am currently working on a project where we have to replicate the system in it's entirety into a newly defined architecture. Last week I was asked to work on a particular feature, having gone through this feature on the existing system I found it to be horrendous and I am not looking forward to replicating it.

Without going into too much detail, my biggest qualm is that it's very confusing, and as a developer I found it difficult to navigate round so how is an end user supposed to be able to. I get the 'they will learn/adjust' argument but from a usability and user experience perspective that's just not good enough.

Whatever happened to simplicity and elegance? I know the 3 click rule is seen as a bit of a UX myth but in this instance, I think it would be quite effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog