Tuesday 8 December 2009

Lessons Learnt from the STS & RTC Installation

Today I embarked upon the STS & RTC installation specified in Andrew's post.

What can i say other than it has been fairly painful. Firstly I was using an older version of STS, so I upgraded STS. Once I did this, I referenced back to my original workspace - bad idea! Eclipse totally got itself in a twist. The best thing to do is create a brand new workspace and import your project from the existing to the new workspace.

The second issue I have been having issues with is the installing new software. I added the urls (specified in Andrew's post) but in order to connect to the repository I had to change the network connection settings. This caused the urls to time out. I tweaked the settings again to ensure they are correct, still no luck. I had to delete and re-add all the urls in order to get the software to update.

Both these issues have caused me a tremendous amount of pain today and I thought it would be worth documenting, in order to make life easier for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog