Wednesday 16 December 2009

Tweetbot

Another idea I have had which I would like to incorporate in my robot is for it to state it's actions via twitter. I could set up a twitter account for the bot, then when it is running get it to tweet what it is doing and looking for in natural language over twitter. So, for example, take my final year intelligent robotics project where we created a robotic dog which would wag it's tail when stroked but stop wagging if stroked too hard, these are posts the bot could make over twitter.
Also the bot had a planning system in place and would scan for objects in order to find a ball and then use manhattan distance to bring it back to the 'master' again things we can tweet would be it's location, the object it is scanning (whether it's a ball or not), 'got it' when it has retrieved it and then how it is getting back to it's master.

So for my new bot, once it has been programmed up, I think it would be cool to try and implement something like this. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog